11. Assignment Standards and Formats
11.1. Style Sheet
These are the rules for formatting your assignments. Get to know them.
- Write in 12 point Times New Roman or another standard font such as Verdana.
- This goes for presentations as well as documents.
- Double-space all writing.
- You do not need a title page on section assignments.
- An appropriate title at the top of the section assignment is fine.
- Include your name and the date at the top of each page.
- Some assignments will require a title page. Check.
Naming the file
- Your file name must include the title of the assignment plus your name.
- Ex. outlinemap-John.doc or renaissance-jane.pdf.
- Use the title of the assignment used in the course, not the title that you have given your assignment.
- Your first name and initial is usually fine.
- When including images, check that the image file is no larger than necessary.
- Images should be large enough that they don't look pixellated on the screen but not so big that you can't upload the assignment to the course.
- If you need help with resizing, talk to your teacher.