11. Assignment Standards and Formats
11.3. Bibliography Style Sheet
Author(last name, first name). “Name of article.” Name of Encyclopedia.
City: Publisher, Copyright Date.
“Bats.” World Book Encyclopedia. Chicago: World Book, Inc. 2005.
Last Name, First Name. Name of the book. City of publication: Publisher’s
name, Copyright Date.
O’Henry, John. Space. New York: Scholastic, 2001.
On-Line Magazine Article
Author. “Title.” Journal Date. Date you visit the URL, URL address
Halls, Kelly, “Juggling History.” U.S. Kids June 1997 March 2000.
Author. “Title of article.” Name of magazine, date, pages.
Markham, Lois. “A Gallery of Great Native Americans.”
National Geographic for Kids, August 2001:6-7.
World Wide Web
Author. “Title” Group Title. Date created. Institution.
Date you saw it. URL
The Victorian Web. Ed. George Landow. June 2000. Brown University. 25
Feb. 2004 <http://landow.stg.brown.edu/victorian/victov.html.>
Last Name, First Name. Kind of interview. Date
Miles, Sam. Personal interview. 25 December 2007.
- Underline a title or put it in italics.
- If a book or other material does not have an author, use the title in place of the author’s last name.
- One-page articles and encyclopedia articles do not need numbers.
- List entries in alphabetical order.
- Indent the second line and double space between entries.