Some guidelines for this school year regarding COVID19
September 2020 - COVID - 19 School Protocols
Student/Parent/Guardian Information Guide
Students are encouraged to:
- Come in to SPIDER to meet with their teachers and to take tests. Students should limit their time in the school to what is necessary and should not be socializing inside the building.
- Because we will need to limit how many students can be inside the school, students should contact their teachers to make an appointment. Students can attend without an appointment, but will not be able to enter the building if it is already at capacity.
- Students should come to the school to write tests, but will be able to write remotely if they are feeling unwell or are under quarantine.
All students should:
- Monitor how they are feeling: if a student is feeling unwell (sneezing, coughing, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing) they will not come to school. If they feel unwell at school, they must promptly report to a staff member.
- Physically distance from others at SPIDER
- Wear a mask at school if physical distancing is not possible
- Limit the amount that they touch touch their face
- Wash their hands for at least 20 seconds as much as possible (after using washroom, when coming in from outside, when leaving the building, before and after eating, before and after using computers)
- Clean computers after use following district cleaning guidelines unless student has brought his or her own computer
- Refrain from sharing items with others (pens, pencils, computers, food, vapes/smokes, etc)
- Bring own water bottle and/or mug to school and take responsibility for cleaning it
- Only bring necessary items to school
proper coughing and sneezing etiquette (cover mouth and nose with
tissue, dispose of tissue in trash, if no tissues available, use your
arm and wash hands right after)
PARENTS/GUARDIANS PLEASE NOTE:
The school building is off limits to the public (other than students and staff). An appointment must be made with a staff member prior to entering the building. Drop ins are not permitted.